I. Meeting 1: Photography with a Light Touch.
- Class Business: Registration, attendance, and review of course outline.
- Identifying class questions about Light and Photography.
- Light: How it works.
- Lighting and The Five Time Zones for photography.
- Technical stuff on cameras and exposure.
- Slide presentation: What you see is not always what you get...
- Photo Assignment 1.
II. Meeting 2: Metering: Moody & the Beast.
- Review Photo Assignment 1.
- Metering: How light meters work, or don'tů
- 18% Grey Scale.
- The Zone System.
- Scene-Brightness-Range (SBR): Assessing contrast in light & shadows.
- Slide Presentation.
- De-coding symbols in the viewfinder.
- Decision Time.
- Photo Assignment 2.